Brand building means consistently delivering your brand message to your target market whenever your consumer encounters your brand. Your presentation folder is a key touchpoint between your brand and your consumer: displaying your proposal, delivering your product samples, or introducing your services for the first time.
These tips will convert your workhorse marketing tool – your presentation folder – into a great brand statement.
- Use your corporate colors boldly. If you don’t have a corporate color palette, enlist a graphic designer to select one or two colors from the Pantone Matching System (PMS). The Pantone guide is the definitive international reference for selecting, matching and controlling ink colors. Using PMS colors will enable you to specify “your colors” by number for every print job.
- Flood coat your paper stock with one PMS color and then use your second PMS color as an accent. Perhaps flood coat the interior (Side 2) of your folder so the pockets are the first PMS color, and the back panels are in the second PMS color.
- Don’t stop at your company logo. A folder gives you lots of opportunity to integrate the company tag line or a corporate visual image that represents your brand.
- Bridge your offline and online marketing efforts. If you are using in YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and the like, feature these icons on the folder holding your marketing literature.
- A busy design can kill a folder’s versatility, so tread lightly. Think of the folder as gift wrap. You want it to say “open me,” but don’t let the packaging overwhelm the gift inside. You want the literature inside to do most of the talking.
This article is first in a series on great presentation folder design featured on the Conformer Products’ Blog.
–Sari McConnell at email@example.com