Conformer Plastic Envelope Goes Green

conformerlogo_2c2

Conformer Products Uses Recycled Milk Jugs to Enhance Envelope Sustainability

Great Neck, NY, July 8, 2008 – Conformer Products has just launched its award-winning plastic envelope in 75% post-consumer material—specifically, recycled milk jugs. The recycled material enhances an already environmentally friendly product: the patented Conformer design uses up to 20% less material than standard envelopes, and the sturdy envelope can be re-used.

“The market is demanding sustainable products, and now our products are even better positioned to support corporate environmental sustainability initiatives,” said Marvin Makofsky, president of Conformer. ”In the last few months, we have introduced Forest Stewardship Council or FSC-certified paper envelopes, presentation folders and mailers, as well as paperboard mailers made from 85% post-consumer content. Now our line of plastic envelopes can be made from reclaimed milk jugs.”

“When we looked for products that would make sense to manufacture from recycled plastic materials, the Conformer envelope was at the top of the list,” said Earl Guinter, a plastics manufacturing industry veteran whose organization is licensed to make the Conformer product. “It’s a popular, versatile product that can also be easily customized.”

Sustainability has long been important at Guinter’s organization. The manufacturing plant re-uses 90% of post-industrial materials for other jobs and sells the remaining 10% for re-use in other plastic applications. “Now we are buying reclaimed milk jugs, re-extruding the plastic and using the material to make Conformer’s plastic envelopes,” he said.

One of the company’s most popular products, Conformer’s plastic envelope is a favorite among direct marketers and sales professionals because of its versatility to hold a little or a lot of content, depending on the need. The translucent material helps boost open and response rates by allowing recipients to see the contents, and the attractive design—available in eight colors, including clear—makes the envelope a popular choice for presentations.

by Bob Makofsky

www.conformer.com

About Bob Makofsky

Bob runs operations and marketing and is Conformer’s resident postal expert. Bob has over a dozen years of entrepreneurial experience in the technology industry, in both marketing and business development roles ranging from negotiating $100 million-plus contracts nationally and abroad to developing marketing campaigns. He is regularly featured in print and packaging trade magazines on innovation. Bob is a competitive cyclist and longtime member of the Century Road Club Association in Central Park, competing in the Empire State Games (2007, 2008). Bob graduated from the University of Denver.
This entry was posted in Environmental and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *